This past year was quite difficult for me and Tristan. He is entering into his defiant stage (he has been in it for a while) so there has been a lot of stress, but there has also been some AMAZING moments. I would not change anything for the world. He is truly one of the best things in my life. I hate that I get so frustrated with him and I am sure he does the same. I just want him to look back at this and know that even though there are those tough moments, I still love him with all of my heart.
There is something so special about my day when I walk in to see him for the first time and he says "Hi Momma." He went from not being able to say anything to now speaking almost full sentences. We can now understand what he wants (less than 50% of the time...but better than 5%) and this has made our lives a little easier. Hearing your child say "I love you mommy" for the first time just melts your heart. I had been waiting to hear those words for a while now, and as of a month ago, he can now say them!
What can I say about my precious baby (not a baby any more)? He is the most amazing, talented, smart, loving, intense, happy child I have ever met. He has not only touched my heart, but the heart of so many other people. He seriously amazes me every day. When he came into my life two years ago, I didn't realize that with each year you only love them more and more. He has been a wonderful big brother so far and continues to surprise me every day.
He has grown so much in the past year and I didn't even realize it until we brought Wesley home. His foot, so little, used to fit in my hand...now it is as big as almost two hands! His feet hang off the edge of his highchair and he prefers to sit at the big boy table. He knows when he wants milk or water and can usually (sometimes) tell me what he wants to eat.
His favorite movies are Cars, Tangled, and Monsters University. His favorite foods are pomegranate (com-E-granite), pumpkin seeds, cucumbers, apples, and hotdogs. He likes to play outside and terrorize momma. He also loves his KK and Kolby and He will play with his tractors (no longer "tacos") all day long! He enjoys playing outside for the most part and he loves playing with his best friend Cheese (AKA Chase).
Here are a couple pictures of my little man. These were all taken by my friend KateG photography.
These were taken March 2013
These were taken in September 2013
Opening up presents on his birthday!
Cars from mom and dad :) Mater and Queen (McQueen), green car, and van
Open!
Ohhhhh!
Mayer! (Mater)
Mayer! (Mater)
His cars had to make sure they were in prime position!
Fireeeee
Tristan is two!
You know it is my child when he sucks all the frosting off of the cake!
Yum!
Cake!
Opening presents! Thank you for the books Great Aunt Mary!
Mater! Big Mater as we are calling him
Presents from Chase (Thank you Kate and Charlie)
Open Mater, Open Mater, Open Mater, Open Mater....
"waiting" for dad to open Mater
Open, open, open!
Opennnnnnnn
Ripping the paper.
Love the Cars wrapping paper!
Loving some presents!
Thank you Sarah for my soccer gear :)
To my baby boy:
I love you so very much. I am sorry that it might seem like mommy is always getting upset with you, but it is only because I don't want you to get hurt. You are so fearless that you do things that make mommy scared. This year has been crazy with everything you have learned and it is amazing watching you grow. You still surprise me every day and you are just so darn smart. I am proud of you for everything you have accomplished in this past year. You are growing into such a handsome little guy. Your father and I love you with everything we have. You have changed our lives for the better and you make me a better person. I am so lucky you chose us as your family. You will forever be my little baby!
Happy birthday Hippo!
<3 Love your momma
<3












No comments:
Post a Comment