Wednesday, May 7, 2014

End of April/ Start of May

A lot has happened in the past couple weeks so I will try to catch you up :)

I received a phone call while at the Easter egg hunt that Mike was being transported to the hospital because of injuries on duty.  Luckily Kate and Charlie were able to take the boys while I headed to find out what was going on.  I got to the hospital and they had done a ton of X-rays checking for any brakes/fractures in his leg and foot and he had horrible road rash up his leg. The good news was that nothing ended up being broken.  While on a call, Mike was dragged by a vehicle about 60 feet :(  Very scary!  What made it worse was at the time they still hadn't caught the guy.  Well, as of a few days ago they did catch him.  He is doing better, but healing is slow.  Although, I must admit it has been nice having him home :)  Especially with him about to leave for a long time!!

Wesley is doing wonderful.  He is crawling and pulling up on things like it is his job.  He is still either happy or sad with not much in between.   He has also started to be able to sit on his own and I have even seen him stop crawling and get into a sitting position.  He really wants to just get down and move around now.  He still cries a lot for me and if I walk into the room he will go from happy to sad in an instant.  I am his walking food trolly!

Tristan is also doing great.  He talks more and more everyday and can spout the funniest things.  He is really showing his terrible two's, but the moments that my sweet boy shine through are magical.  He said to me the other day "Are you a princess mommy?" OMG melt my heart. We are battling a biting phase right now and hopefully it will end soon.

We are just in the process of getting everything ready for Mike to go away to basic training.  I have ordered a deep freezer and plan on stocking up and making some freezer meals for quick dinners.  I figure he will be gone for about 24 weeks.  7 X 24 = 168.  We probably will eat out (realistically) once a week. 168-24= 144.  144 nights of meals...I don't think the freezer will hold that many haha.  I will figure it out!!  I know my wonderful mother in law (**hint hint**) will come help me :)


Pictures! (They are out of order...sorry!)



Wesley pulling up on everything...







Yum!














Up on the baskets






Up on the drawers






Second food: Avocado






Yum!








Tristan helping :)








So cute!






Happy anniversary babe :)







Dinosaur at the park







My dinosaur

























Sleepin baby







Going for a walk.








No, no, no!












I love mommy's sunglasses







Peekaboo! 















Friends come into my house.







They hold hands all the time! Tristan and Elise






Pajama day at school!









:)








At the petting zoo







He loves feeding the animals!







Chase and Tristan







Running away!








Getting ready to try my very first food!







Oatmeal! Yum!








He is like...what the heck is this stuff!








I think I like food!


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment