Friday, April 11, 2014

Spring is Finally Here!

That goodness that spring has finally showed up!  I was getting such winter blues this year.  Lots of news to report since I have not updated in a while.

We have been trying to stay as busy as possible and Tristan has even started to nap (for the most part) again!  My neighbors and I have started walking again and we even invested in a double jogging stroller for our walks.  We really love our friends we have made and it is so nice to have adult time as well as play time for the boys (really just Tristan at this point).  

Mike has joined the National Guard!  He will be gone for quite some time while completing basic training and officer school.  He leaves July 1st and is expected back sometime around December 10th.  He will have a graduation from basic in between basic and officer school.   A lot of people keep asking me "why now" and our answer for them is that it just worked out this way.  Mike has always had interested in joining the Army, and I have always been the one saying no.  I could never envision myself as an Army wife (no disrespect!!) moving around every couple of years.  I love our home and where we have started to plant roots.  He brought the idea up to me again in January and this time I could not refuse his dream and calling any longer.  Although it makes me sad and I know I will miss him, I know this will make his life more fulfilled.  We are very proud of him and know he will be amazing at this new portion of our life.  We are going to miss him like crazy!!!! So we will need YOUR help to distract us during the time he is gone :)

I have started doing Mary Kay!  I am trying to figure out the best way possible to make a little extra money, and so far this has been so fun and so rewarding.  I love being a mommy and being able to contribute financially helps our family.  

Tristan is still loving school and seems to be excelling.  We are unfortunately going through a biting stage which is really hard on all of us, but the doctor assured us that this is just a phase and it will pass.  We have been starting to let Tristan use the potty more, but he doesn't seem as interested in it as his cousin Eleanor who is pretty much fully potty trained.  Mommy is having a hard time with the decision of when to start fully training.  I wish I could just have someone train him for me...any takers?!

Wesley is starting to become very mobile so operation re-baby proof house will commence shortly.  I promise to have his 5 months pictures up ASAP!  I have been super slacking with our blog lately and need to pick up.  

The boys are so cute together it melts my heart! I just love that they will start interacting more now that Wesley is aware of the world.

We went "marshmallow picking' at Great Country Farms last weekend.  It was so crazy, but so fun!  Tristan, Eleanor, and Chase had a blast!

Getting ready to go "pick" some marshmallows!





Eleanor is not sure what is going on!  So.many.people





My stunning sister Meghann and Amelia all tucked in!





Go get those eggs!





Handsome little guy!











Picking his peeps!  He is like his daddy and hates them...but he would stick it in his mouth and then spit it out so I guess that counts :) How cute are these peeps on the fence?!



















Eating their picks





Eleanor is like her auntie and LOVES peeps!  She really only eats the heads off though...





Hi Chase!





Tristan will lick it...





All the heads are gone!





Oh, Tristan!





Peep heads!





Me and my boys!





Meg and her girls!  Eleanor was enjoying her peep heads to much for a smile





"Hey! Where did all of their heads go?!"





Take 2





Chase has a full bucket of eggs!





The sun was right in their eyes-





Piggies!





Peacock!





So pretty!





Take 1





Take 2





Take 3












Mr. Charlie (AKA The Big Cheese) was SUCH a help with all of the kids.





Climbing the tires





Up, up, up!











"I'm queen of the world!"











Cow train!





Not gonna work....






Chase was so content! 





Bye!!





Around they go! Charlie walked with them the entire way!





Back!











Up onto the big tractor!











:)





Chase's turn! 




  
 Eleanor's back!





So pretty!





Cow train!





Back at Nana and Fuzzy's house






















<3

No comments:

Post a Comment