Sunday, December 16, 2012

Faith and Love

After this week I feel like I need this post to be about faith and love. There is way too much evil and awful in this world and  sometimes I wonder if I did the right thing about bringing my little man into such a hateful world.  I know that is a crazy thought, but it has crossed my mind when tragedies like this happen.  I am referring to the sandy hook elementary shooting and the aftermath of posts on random things that don't even have to do with the poor mothers who didn't get to hold their babies one more time.  I am truly saddened and sickened by these events with being a mother myself now, and I can't shake the sadness. How can people do such horrible things?  Why do these things have to happen?  It makes it hard to have faith sometimes.  My heart and prayers go out to all of those parents of the victims because I can't even imagine. I break out into tears just thinking about not having Tristan and what it must feel like to be in a situation like this.  So where is all the love?  On my facebook newsfeed almost every post was about gun control or mental health issues going back and forth between people on "what needs to be done" and "why this keeps happening".  It is exhausting to read and it gets us nowhere because we can never come together on issues like this.  

I was full of hate and sadness when I heard about what happened.   Mike took one look at me and asked me what was wrong.  I just started sobbing and he came over and hugged me in a long hug.  It was in that moment that I realized that yes there are some pretty horrible people in this world...but there are some pretty amazing people in this world too.  Even though the bad always seems to trump the good, there still are people to have faith in.  I just want Tristan to know that. 

We had another busy and long week this week.  Tristan had his recheck for his ear infection (all clear!) on Friday and got two vaccines.  He also met Santa for the first time!!  We had a dinner party on Saturday night at Tom and Sarah's house and little guy would not nap...so it was a very long day.  (P.S. my dad is a Saint for watching Tristan when he is in a "mood"). Sarah went all out and we had such a beautiful meal.  We have been trying to get Christmas presents finalized and wrapped and it seems like it is never ending.  If you get an IOU this year I am sorry ;) .  



Tristan has figured out how to take out the vent registers so that is our new battle of the week.  He is trying all of our patience by going back and forth and taking them out even after you have told him "NO" and moved his interest.  This kid has a one track mind!!!!  He has also started to try the "fake cry" when he has his temper tantrums now.  Having a toddler is hard work!  Props to all of the moms who have done this with multiple children (some I am sure at the same time).  

This is Tristan's new face that he makes...

Here are the rest from his One Year Photoshoot...oh yeah, he turned 13 months yesterday!  







All of these photos were taken by Shelby Leigh Photography.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment