This past weekend my dad, Tristan, and I went up to upstate NY to celebrate my cousin Kaitlin's bridal shower. She is getting married this November. It was awesome seeing all of my Geneseo family! Thank you to Aunt Jane and Uncle Pat for letting us stay at your house!!
Going up to NY made me realize how different everyone's lives are now that we are "grown ups". When Kait, Court, and I were little we would spend every waking moment together when any of us would get together. We would wake up bright and early and walk down to the Geneseo Family Restaurant and have 99 cent breakfast (two slices of toast, two eggs, and the BEST homefries). We would wander around town like we owned the place ;) I miss those days, back when it was simple. We are now settling into our own little families and life is different.
While up in NY we also went with Courtney and Maddy to do something very special...Maddy got her ears pierced! She was such a trooper and only cried for about 2 minutes and then was fine as soon as we gave her a strawberry smoothie.
The before shot:
Getting all ready!
Hugs for Maddy!
Look how pretty!!
Bribes...
Woahhhh what is going on!
Maddy is about as cute as they come. She is so soft spoken and is very stubborn. She was cracking me up!! She was carrying around her special blanket and Tristan would go for a ride! He loved it! They both did so well playing with each other and sharing. She does not like posing for pictures though!
Kaitlin's shower was beautiful! All of the bridesmaids wore white and Kaitlin wore turquoise. Courtney set up this gorgeous candy bar filled with all sorts of yummy candy :) Tristan was being okay, but he was so tired! He wouldn't go down for a nap so he got a little cranky when Kaitlin was opening presents. After everyone left, I finally got him down for a nap and he slept until 5 AM!!
Maddy rockin her special headband from us!
All in all it was a good trip!! I always cry every time I leave my best friends because I never know when I will see them again.
Update on the house:
There is drywall and siding!
I could only see in the garage (Tristan was sleeping in the backseat) so I only know that the garage has drywall! I guess as soon as the drywall is done it will be between 4 to 6 weeks! Yay!
I leave you with this:
Meet Dini...Hoodini! The Colville's cat
When she wants to come in the house she JUMPS up onto the screen! It is so loud and catches you off guard. She will hang there until someone lets her in.



No comments:
Post a Comment