Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

This past year has brought so many good and new experiences into our lives and it AMAZES me how fast this year flew by.  Just yesterday I found out I was pregnant and now my little guy has been here for almost 8 weeks! 

This past year, Mike and I celebrated our second year of marriage and found out we were expecting a baby.  Mike's parents became grandparents and my parents became grandparents twice over with both Eleanor and Tristan. Not only were Meghann and I pregnant together, but we both got to be there for the births of our babies (or shortly after). I got to see the graduation of my little sister Lindsay from Radford University and just FLOURISH as a nurse these past couple months.  I've got to experience and share the love with my other older sister Erin as she goes through her beautiful pregnancy (<3 Blake!). I attended the wonderful weddings of Lindsay and Travis, Susan and Tom, Ashley and Jimmy, Erica and Josh (the reception) and Katie and Patrick. I lived through my first Earthquake and there was snow in October. We have traveled all over including down to Florida and up to New York. My baby niece Madison turned ONE and Kaitlin and Nate got engaged :) .  It has just been a wonderful year...one I will not forget!

My new years resolutions are to stop cursing and cook one new thing a week.  These two things are going to be challenging, but I believe that I can do it!  I have wanted to cut the bad habit of cursing for a while now and cooking has always been my weakness, as most of you know; I am just not very good at it!  Mike is such a great cook, but now that he is on the midnight shift, I will be cooking a good majority of the meals (and frozen/easy meals are not cutting it!).  I can order a MEAN takeout...but I really want to have a healthier lifestyle for not only myself but my family. 

Tristan and me on New Years Eve (yes I am aware my hair looks like a poodle...):




After Christmas, we spent three days up at the ski house at Timberline.  It was very low-key this year even with the babies.

Eleanor sleeping:
 Tristan curled up next to the fire:
 Both babies sleeping together (Eleanor is under the polka-dot blanket)
 Tristan getting ready to ride Kolby:
 Yee-haw!
 Giddy up Kolby :) 
 "Really mom?! Get this kid off of me!"
 We found his new favorite sleeping position...on the carpet, on a blanket, on his belly, on the floor!
 Eleanor and Tristan watching the snow out the window:
 My baby and me next to the fire:
 Handome!
He was waving in this picture!
 



**I would like to just take a second to write something to my husband, who I know does not ever read this blog, but I hope he will stumble upon it one day and read this.**
Mike, I love you very much and I really appreciate all you do for us.  You work so hard taking care of our little family and I want you to know that it does not go unnoticed.  You are my support system and I couldn't be without you.  Each new year starts and brings forth all of the new adventures we will be taking together and that makes me so happy.  I love you and I know Tristan loves you just by the way he looks at you and acts around you.  Happy new year love. 



<3

2 comments:

  1. I'm tearing up over here... darn pregnancy hormones. We send our love from Florida and I'll do what I can to help you out with some new recipes. Looking forward to meeting little Tristan in person one of these days... I think Blake is waving hi with both his arms and both his legs right now. =) Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2011 has been an amazing year for all of us- we've all been blessed.

    LOVE THE PICTURES MAGGIE! HE IS GETTING CUTER BY THE MINUTE!

    ReplyDelete