Happy October folks! It's that happy time of the year for us Gessners (me) and the decorations have started :) I have been working on our Halloween costumes so I won't feel too rushed once Wesley gets here. I just wish the stink bugs would go away! Yuckkk!
Sorry I have not had a real update in a while. It has been so crazy here with work, Tristan, and being pregnant. I am just trying to catch up on my pictures to post!! Tristan loves watching his favorite movie Cars. He wants to watch it every day...multiple times a day. Luckily I am not completely sick of it yet!
We had someone come over to the house to help us train Katie and Kolby. It is a work in progress for sure, but Kolby seems to be taking to it very well. We have them hooked up to their leads for a good part of the day and they go in the cage if they are being bad. It was terrifying watching Kolby learn the technique because he was freaking out! Poor Tristan was just as traumatized as me (and Kolby). He kept saying "Doggy! Doggy!" and I kept having to reassure him everything was going to be fine. Deep down I was feeling the same way HAHA.
We went down to the lake house as a last getaway before Wesley comes! We had a great time with Kate, Charlie, Chase, Meghann, Eleanor, Curt, and Meghann's friend's Kelly and her husband. We took the boat out many times and the boys got to play on the jet skis (until they died...). We have so many stories from this trip...including but not limited to the boys getting stuck on the jet skis and Kate and I having to wrangle the little boys while navigating the boat to go rescue them. The best part was telling Tristan to call for daddy and he was screaming "Daddy are you?!" So, so, so cute!!!
Splash, splash, splash! The boys swimming the jet skis to the boat.
Daddy are you!?
Kate doing a good job of keeping the little boys from launching into the water.
We look thrilled!
Charlie hanging on the jet skis with the boys.
Tristan fell on the concrete and busted his face up two weeks ago :( It was so sad to look at! The kid takes after his momma and trips over his own two feet. This happened on Mike's watch and I could tell he felt really bad as he prepped me on my way home from work to make sure I wasn't shocked when I saw him. It is pretty much completely healed over now and we really hope it doesn't scar!!
His poor little face!
He is watching Cars. Nothing takes his attention away!
My work threw me a sprinkle :) It was very kind of them!! They all chipped in and bought Wesley his car seat!! I was in shock! Let me tell you...getting ready for a baby sprinkle while chasing a toddler...NOT the easiest thing. I did manage to pull it together, but not without some hormonal tears on my end. Here are some blurry pictures of my outfit. It is the same outfit I wore to Tristan's shower!!
We sold the Prius! It is staying in the family which makes me very happy, but it was still sad to say goodbye. Especially when Tristan was looking out the window as they put the car onto the truck and shouting "Mommy's car! Mommy's car!" I just hope we are able to find a reasonable Highlander quickly!
Kate and I took the boys to the pumpkin patch and they had too much fun. It was just pretty overwhelming for us because it is hard to search for a pumpkin AND watch a roaming toddler. While we were checking out, Tristan stole an apple right out of the bin! I was so embarrassed and offered to pay for it, but they said it was no problem. I know he doesn't understand completely what is going on, but I did have a talk with him about stealing.
36 weeks:
I measured a little small last week so they went and had me go down the hall to the high risk doctor to get the baby and fluid measured. Everything checked out fine!! Having some weird pains in my belly button, but that is probably just due to the way he is positioned. Right now he is head down! Very different from my stubborn Tristan baby who went from transverse to breech the entire time. No picture this week.
37 weeks:
Not much new to report! I did end up getting monitored for a while at the hospital because his heart rate was a little high, but everything checked out fine. We have decided to hire a doula to help with labor and we were lucky to find one on short notice. As of right now, my doctor will let me go to 41 weeks, although he says he truly doesn't feel comfortable going past 40 weeks and a couple days. He will be out of town until the 21st so we won't even be discussing that until he gets home. Feeling bigger and bigger each day and trying to mentally prepare myself that it could be any day now :)
<3











No comments:
Post a Comment