So I am sitting here at 8:30 PM alone, downstairs listening
to Tristan scream and cry upstairs because he does not want to go to
sleep. I fear that tonight might
be the night that he actually stopped going to sleep when I wanted him to
sleep. I hate the term “cry it
out” but at some point they do need to learn to self soothe. It seriously brakes my heart listening
to his sad screams, but I know if I go up there one more time he will have me
trained to where he wants me. I
just can’t sit there and rock him to sleep for 35 minutes every night anymore,
especially since he fights it so hard.
The routine has been to swaddle and put him down and then
walk away. Wait a minute or two
and then turn on the baby monitor.
Sometimes he will actually just go to sleep. Other times he has unswaddled himself and is sitting up in
his pack and play. Now he has been
unswaddling himself and sitting up/ standing up and screaming in hopes that
someone will take him out and not make him go to sleep. For someone who is so tired, it seems
silly that they fight it so bad.
I just want what is best for my little man as well as what
is best for my sanity. Doing the
night routine by myself 80% of the time is rough. It is a process that takes patience.
The crying has started to slow down, and is now almost
gone…leading me to believe he might be asleep. It took about 15 minutes. We will see if he wakes up again before I go up and check on
him in a few.
Here are some cute sleeping pictures from earlier in the week:
This week has been a blur. Lots of working and baby time. Tristan has started doing this noise we are now calling the dragon noise (which is funny because Kolby already does the Dragon face) because he sounds like he is trying to breathe fire! He will climb up next to your ear and make the noise. It is pretty cute!
News on the house!
Well, not really our house, but the neighbor’s house has been
started! We are thinking that it
will take a week or two for them to get the neighbor’s house outerwalls done
before starting ours. We are so
excited! We even saw the workers
working on a Saturday, so who knows…it may be done faster than I thought!
<3 
No comments:
Post a Comment