Thursday, May 3, 2012

Happy Anniversary (3 years!!!) 05.02.12

I meant to post this yesterday, but we got home so late from dinner that I didn't get a chance to finish it.  We had a nice dinner at the Melting Pot while Sarah watched Tristan.  It was so nice to have a dinner for us.  :)

Dear Mike,

We have been married now for three wonderful years (together for almost 8!!) and every year I just can't believe how I got so lucky.  I love our little family, even with all of our ups and downs.  I could not imagine my life without you or Tristan.  When we first started dating life was so different.  I remember talking to my mother and my aunt Jenna about us after we had been dating for a couple years and I can remember saying how our love was different than anything else I had ever experienced because it "grew" and "changed."  We have adapted to pretty much every situation: college, the "real" world, living with people, parenthood.  I am not going to pretend that things are perfect, because they are not.  But perfection is not want I want...I want you.  Let's face it, you are the only one who can deal with my craziness.  You always know how to calm me down when I am having a moment.  It isn't a coincidence that my family calls the time before you came along B.M. (Before Mike).  You have changed my life.  As your favorite singer puts it, I will always love you ;)

"Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you."

"Never knew I could feel like this
Like I've never seen the sky before
Want to vanish inside your kiss
Everyday I love you more and more
Listen to my heart can you hear it sings
Telling me to give you everything
Seasons may change winter to spring
But I love you until the end of time
Come what may, Come what may
I will love you until my dying day."

05.02.09 Our beautiful wedding
 05.02.10 Secrets Wild Orchid Jamaica
 05.02.11 Pregnant with Tristan so no big anniversary vacay (except to visit Erin and Chris) Dinner at the Melting Pot.  The pearls were given to me the previous year for our anniversary and I am also sporting the earrings Mike got me for that anniversary (Kolby had eaten my other ones...)

(I think I need to get Mike a new nice shirt?!?!  He wears this one ALL THE TIME!!)

05.02.12 Dinner at the Melting Pot!  Thank you so much for my awesome anniversary gift :)

Love,
Your Wife
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment