The weeks are now going by so fast that I didn't even realize it was Sunday!
Since our last post:
Monday, our good friends Vanessa and Kevin offered to watch Tristan while Mike and I had a "date night". We went and saw a movie. It was strange not having our little baby tag along with us...but good to have some "us" time. AND they want to babysit again! YAY we all survived our first babysitting experience :)
My dad and Jackie are settling into their new amazing house in Leesburg. It is beautiful!
We found out we lost the lot we wanted to build on :( We all said it just wasn't meant to be. The other young couple was non-contingent (meaning they had nothing holding them back from buying the house right now, where as we still own our house and can only buy the house if our house sells) so they took their contract first. Even though the house they are building is smaller than the one we are building. I really liked the lot next door to it, so we resubmitted our contract with that lot and some money off of our original asking price. The guy "assures" us that if anyone comes to look at the lots, that he will not even mention that this lot is available, because he considers it (FINALLY) under contract. Which is EXACTLY what he should have done with the other couple. BUT, EVERYTHING happens for a reason :)
We have spent all week cleaning and de-cluttering our house for it to go on the Market on Friday (Saturday). We didn't have everything out in time for it to go on the market on Friday because the storage unit we rented closed before we got there. Longggg story. Anywho, the house looks amazing! Mike is loving the fact all my crap is out of the house and keeps pointing out to everyone that he only had ONE box out of two truck loads...eiik. OKAY! I admit...I am a pack rat.
Friday Night, Nana and Fuzzy (Mom and Darrell) took Tristan for an overnight adventure. My mom really wanted to watch him and thought it would be a good idea for us to catch up on some sleep. So...after much debating from me (Mike was on board from the moment he heard the word sleep) I decided that I probably could use some sleep. I sent her with enough pumped milk to last her and she had a good night. Mike and I went to sleep at 9:30PM only waking up at 2:00AM for me to pump. We were like new people the next day. The one thing I realized from getting sleep though, I will NEVER be caught up. The good news is that I can function on very little sleep. As for my hubby....
Our house went on the Market Late Friday Night with no pictures (the boxes were still everywhere). I had to work Saturday, and when I came out for my pump break I saw I had a missed call/voicemail from a realtor asking to come show the house. I had to frantically track down Mike, who was still at the storage unit unloading, and figure out if he had the dogs and if he left the house "neat" for the Realtor to show it. He said that he did NOT have the dogs and there was still stuff laying around. Well...the realtor still came, and by 2:00 PM we have a SIGNED CONTRACT. I am still in shock. The guy loved our house and wanted to buy it. So now, as long as he does not back out and our house appraises and the list from the home inspector isn't $10,000....our house may be sold! CRAZY.
Tristan turned 4 months old this week (Pictures to come in a separate post).
Happy St. Pattie's day! (a day late)
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment